Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rearranging

I work from home. My son schools from home. My family lives at home. That's a lot of activity for one domicile. It's time to rearrange.

A few years ago I got two large stainless steel shelving units that went in my craft room/office. The shelves were to hold fabric when I got organized someday. I've tried. It's a work in progress. Still education waits for no one and my children need a space to learn.

Today we spent time swapping shelves from my fabric-bomb and paper-cyclone hit office to the kitchen. There is so much more room in the kitchen and dining area. I'm able to put my large baking pans and cookbooks on the shelves and still have room for cookie cutters, Christmas china and then boxes of homeschooling supplies.

Last summer my husband and I gave up our master bedroom for my business. I've spent quite a bit of time setting up my workspace. J has helped since he's home with me. I think that's fine because it gives a better grasp of what I do working from home. So now J needs a clean, flat surface to do his work. Enter the dining room table. I think the dining area is the best place for school work that isn't online because I'm able to monitor what he's accomplishing.

Sometimes you have to make things work. Before and after pictures to come soon.

--

No comments: